Saturday, November 29, 2008

LosCon 35

Just so you know, I'm presently in LA for LosCon. It's been strange so far in that I'm not seeing all the usual suspects. At World Fantasy and WisCon and Readercon etc I pretty much know I can walk into the bar or even just through the lobby and see someone I know. Not so much here. It's a new crowd (for me), so I really should get off this computer and go mingle. And I have to find John Scalzi. He's the one that prompted me to come down for this.

I'm on a panel called "Why is Science Fiction so White?" at 3pm. Directly afterwards I'll skip over to Scalzi's Guest of Honor talk. Apparently Will Wheaton has something to do with it.

Oh, on another note. Pat Rothfuss has a post up about offering those free books in exchange for Heifer International donations. I'm there along with many others.

Okay, gotta go...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Corby Kennard said...

Good seeing you there, David. It was a nice surprise. Sorry about my agitation over "that one" panel.

Now I'm looking forward to The Other Lands even more! And its too bad you missed the Velvet Wesley. It reminded me of seeing the Grand Canyon for the first time. It looks cool in pictures, but you really can't get the full majesty until you see it in person.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Shawn C. Speakman said...

David: Congrats on finishing the second book. You'd better send me a reading copy very soon.

Congrats on going to the cons. Nothing like finishing a book and then spreading the word it is no longer in your hands!

Congrats on meeting Todd Lockwood; he's one of my favorite people on the planet and I'm lucky to live so close to him. I spent many hours at Todd's home ranting and railing about the direction this country has taken in recent years. Let's hope this jumpstarts the majority of us to do more open right than selfish wrong.

And lastly, thanks for keeping us all updated on this fun stuff. Because fantasy and sci-fi are meant to be fun!

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree with Shawn more - if it's not fun, we're all interested in the wrong thing! :-)
I can just see your address book getting filled up, David, that's great (and jealousy-inducing). :-) Enjoy it!

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home